Studio Code of Behavior
- Students are asked to arrive on time for class. This will ensure that class is not disrupted by a late arrival and also will ensure students a proper warm up for their scheduled class.
- Students should be respectful of their teacher and fellow students and realize that they are there to learn. Understand that corrections made by the teacher are constructive and are meant to be helpful. If someone is being corrected students are asked to listen and watch.
- Students are asked to come to class in proper attire as made clear in the “Dress Code” handout. Correct attire allows the teacher to view a student’s body alignment accurately. For this reason, loose fitting clothing such as pants and baggy t-shirts are not allowed.
- Students are asked to wear their hair pulled back in a ponytail for all classes excluding ballet. Hair for ballet is to be worn in a secure bun; no exceptions.
- Please no food or gum in the studios. Only water is allowed in the studios.
- No cell phones are allowed in the studio. If you leave your cell phone in the lobby area; please silence it.
- Dress code guidelines will be given out at registration. Please be advised that any student not dressed in proper attire will be asked to sit out of class for that day.
Registration & Tuition
A $35.00 fee for each student or $40.00 per family is required with the registration form in order to reserve a space in a given class. All registration fees must be paid in full at the time of registration and are non-refundable. Registration is not considered complete and class space is not reserved until the registration fee and first month’s tuition are paid in full. Tuition is paid in ten installments that are due the 1st day of each month from September-June. Tuition is based on a yearly rate wherein approximately 35 lessons are included in your yearly tuition. Please note that some months have three classes while other months have five classes; however monthly payment installments remain the same throughout the year. We do not prorate tuition for any reason. Holidays and closures are already calculated into your ten payments. Cancellations for weather are not included- students are encouraged to take a makeup class for any weather related closures. You can find out about makeup classes by contacting the office.
- All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. These payments are due on the first of each month.
- There is a returned check fee of $25.00.
- All late tuition payments receive a $5.00 late fee for each week tuition surpasses 7 days past due. If tuition payments exceed 21 days past due, your child will not be permitted to attend class until payments are brought up to date.
- All classes will have two class meetings in June. The remainder of tuition is used to help cover recital costs. We will remain open June 12th-15th to ensure all weekdays get 2 classes.
- To ensure payments are received on time, we require that all accounts leave a credit card on file with us. If a balance is not paid by the set due date, the card on file will be charged for that amount.
- By agreeing to reoccurring billing you authorize regularly scheduled charges to your Visa or MasterCard. You will be charged each billing period for the total amount due for that period; the charge will appear on your credit card statement. You agree that prior-notification will be provided on the 15th of each month; via email.
If you do not wish to do reoccurring billing:
- 1.) Provide 8 post dated bank checks in the amount of each month’s total. (dated for the 1st of each month payable to Encore Dance Academy). These checks will be deposited on the 1st of each month (October-May).
- 2.) Pay by cash, check or credit card by the 1st of each month; if payment is not received by 1st your card will be charged. Please note: If the 1st falls on a holiday or weekend, payments may be submitted prior to the 1st. Please date checks for the 1st.
- Students will be placed into a given class taking into account both their age and ability level. Please be advised that the number of years of previous training does not determine placement. If at any time the studio owner/teacher feels that a student has been placed incorrectly, they will be moved into the appropriate class.