Policies & Tuition
The following information is also available for download:
|1 ½ Hours
|2 ½ Hours
|3 ½ Hours
|4 ½ Hours
|5 ½ Hours
|6 ½ Hours
|7 ½ Hours
|* Siblings receive a 10% discount; to be applied to the sibling with fewer hours
Studio Code of Behavior
- Students are asked to arrive on time for class. This will ensure that class is not disrupted by a late arrival and also will ensure students a proper warm up for their scheduled class.
- Students should be respectful of their teacher and fellow students and realize that they are there to learn. Understand that corrections made by the teacher are constructive and are meant to be helpful. If someone is being corrected students are asked to listen and watch.
- Students are asked to come to class in proper attire as made clear in the “Dress Code” handout. Correct attire allows the teacher to view a student’s body alignment accurately. For this reason, loose fitting clothing such as pants and baggy t-shirts are not allowed.
- Students are asked to wear their hair pulled back in a ponytail for all classes excluding ballet. Hair for ballet is to be worn in a secure bun; no exceptions.
- Please no food or gum in the studios. Only water is allowed in the studios.
- No cell phones are allowed in the studio. If you leave your cell phone in the lobby area; please silence it.
- Dress code guidelines will be given out at registration. Please be advised that any student not dressed in proper attire will be asked to sit out of class for that day.
Registration & Tuition
A $30.00 fee for each student or $35.00 per family is required with the registration form in order to reserve a space in a given class. All registration fees must be paid in full at the time of registration and are non-refundable. Registration is not considered complete and class space is not reserved until the registration fee and first month’s tuition are paid in full. The total tuition is divided into nine monthly payments. All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. These payments are due on the first of each month.
- Payments remain the same whether the month is a short (3 week) or a long (5 week) month; also regardless of absence and class cancellation due to inclement weather.
- There will be no tuition refunds allotted for withdrawal from class during any given month.
- There is a returned check fee of $25.00.
- All late tuition payments receive a $5.00 late fee for each week tuition surpasses 7 days past due. If tuition payments exceed 21 days past due, your child will not be permitted to attend class until payments are brought up to date.
- To ensure payments are received on time, we require that all accounts leave a credit card on file with us. If a balance is not paid by the set due date, the card on file will be charged for that amount.
- By agreeing to reoccurring billing you authorize regularly scheduled charges to your Visa or MasterCard. You will be charged each billing period for the total amount due for that period; the charge will appear on your credit card statement. You agree that prior-notification will be provided on the 15th of each month; via email.
If you do not wish to do reoccurring billing:
- 1.) Provide 8 post dated bank checks in the amount of each month’s total. (dated for the 1st of each month payable to Encore Dance Academy). These checks will be deposited on the 1st of each month (October-May).
- 2.) Pay by cash, check or credit card by the 1st of each month; if payment is not received by 1st your card will be charged. Please note: If the 1st falls on a holiday or weekend, payments may be submitted prior to the 1st. Please date checks for the 1st.
- Students will be placed into a given class taking into account both their age and ability level. Please be advised that the number of years of previous training does not determine placement. If at any time the studio owner/teacher feels that a student has been placed incorrectly, they will be moved into the appropriate class.
Right to Cancel
- Encore Dance Academy reserves the right to cancel a class due to low enrollment. In this event, another class will be suggested. If you are unable to continue in the new class and withdraw, any unused tuition will be refunded.
Studio Closings and Attendance
- Please call the studio if you are going to be late or absent from class. Coming in to watch class is encouraged if you are feeling well enough to attend. Ask for available make up class list.
Snow/ Other inclement weather:
- The studio will close in the event that Reading Schools cancel due to snow or any other type of inclement weather. No refunds will be given in the event of snow or other inclement weather.
- Sometimes it is inevitable that the studio will close due to scheduling conflicts with competitions or conventions. Also sometimes due to student illness one cannot attend class. To make up your missed classes due to these circumstances you will be given another time to attend a similar class during the week.
Make Up Classes:
- Make up classes are available in the event of a class cancellation or sick day. They are not mandatory, but are made available for your convenience. All make-ups must be made within two weeks of a missed class. Please notify the office if you will be attending a makeup class.
- Costume payments are completed in two payments due Oct 1st and Nov 1st. We cannot order a costume for your child until the first payment is received. Costume payments are non-refundable. In the case of a withdrawal from class the costume can be picked up within 2 weeks of arrival; after which point the costume becomes property of Encore Dance Academy. Alterations are not the studio responsibility. Anyone on automatic payment of credit card for monthly tuition will also have their card debited for costumes when applicable.